Tired of weak Wi-Fi signals and unstable connections? We’ve all been there. Almost everyone encounters the problem of low connectivity or network coverage with their Wi-Fi or internet provider. However, there are many reasons why you might be getting a slow Internet connection. It could be a problem with your modem or router, Wi-Fi signal, signal strength etc. But not to worry, we’ve got a solution for you – The Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Repeater 2 – otherwise called the Wi-Fi amplifier, Wi-Fi booster, Wi-Fi extender etc.
Well, what is Mi Wi-Fi Repeater 2? It is a simple and compact device from Xiaomi that is simply designed to give you excellent Wi-Fi signals in every corner of your home or workplace.
How does it work?
The Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Repeater 2 is built with high performance PCB antennas that is capable of extending your Wi-Fi signal range in order to provide you with seamless signal strength up to 300 Mbps transmission speeds. In other words, Mi repeater works by eliminating dead Wi-Fi zones in your home thereby enhancing your internet connection. It offers secure, stable, fast and reliable connections for up to 16 devices. Mi Wi-Fi repeater also helps you auto-select optimal Wi-Fi channel to ensure you get faster download speed and seamless use of your internet.
To use the Wi-Fi Repeater, all you need to do is set it up with your device using the Mi Home app, pair the device, and complete set-up instructions.
So how do you set up your Mi Wi-Fi repeater?
- Plugin your Wi-Fi Repeater to a power source. It could be a USB charger, power bank, laptop or any other host device. An orange indicator light will show it’s powered on. Then place it your Mi Wi-Fi Repeater and Mobile Phone near your home/office Router.
- Download ‘Mi Home app’ either from Play store or Apple store (The app is only compatible with Android 4.0.3 or higher or IOS 9.0 devices or higher).
- Once installed, launch the Mi Home app, agree with T&C and select your region.
- Sign-in (if you already have an existing Mi Account), if not, sign-up to create a new one.
- Then you’ll get a prompt to add the Wi-Fi Repeater. If nothing is displayed, consider resetting your Wi-Fi repeater by inserting a pin into the reset hole.
- Tap Wi-Fi Repeater icon, select your Home/Office network and enter the password. Then follow the necessary instructions. The Blue status light on your Repeater indicates that the repeater is ready for use.
- Mi Repeater will create a new “_plus” network having the same credentials of existing network.
- Finally, exit the Mi Home app and connect the phone to new “_plus” network.
N.B – If you experience trouble while configuring your device, it could be due to the following reasons;
- Wrongly installed Mi home app
- Damaged USB adapter
- Wrong region input
- Poor positioning of router
- You are not reading this article
With these problems, it would be impossible to get your Wi-Fi repeater working at maximum efficiency, so to avoid this, do make sure you’re accurately setting up your device.